Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What can we do when something bad going on our homeland?

I was chatting with my mom the last 3 days, when she told me that they having a heavy rain. We are still talking about the recent flood near at my aunt's place where some of my cousin help to rescue some kids. I can hear the heavy rain from outside our house in Philippines, I can tell how heavy it is by only hearing it. My dad called my mom don't have any idea why, then all of the sudden my little brother pop up on the cam and said " Ate (means elder sister) water is coming inside our house, oh no Ate" I was like is this kids telling the truth on me? or he just making fun only? Then my mom came and told me that the water is already in our kitchen, and the water on our garage is like a pool already, the water got inside our car too. I can't believed what mom telling me now, since I never experienced those kind of disaster in Cagayan de Oro ever since, I was worried and I feel bad, cuz i wasn't there to help and know what going on. The power shut off, and it makes me worried a lot, i cannot see what's going already. So I texted mom and she said there trying to do everything to stop the water from coming inside the house, but yet it did come. Being here far away from them feel me totally helpless, the only power I have are my prayers, and thank GOD they safe. Then only things we can do when things happen this way is to pray for them, is more powerful than some other things.

2 comments:

JED said...

hhhhmmm sis bevs, what can I say??

well, for me your experience isn't new to me for when I was on grader(5), the city that I grew up with was hit with a deadly flash flood and it made lots of calameties wayback then, am talking about the "1990 Nov, ORMOC CITY FLASH FLOODS", it was really terrifying experience being a kid and I still remember everything that Happened that day.. but am glad that my family is still intact up to now!!

I symphatized your feelings on your family and I hope they are doing fine now sis?!

anyways, talk to you later.. mwuah!!

Joan said...

hi bevs dearie! sweetie! yuch! i miss u so much!

and I know! the calamity that has struck our hometown was tragic, akong aunt na apektahan sad sa baha...geezz...i was in cebu na that time so i can only pray as well that they'd be well there. may nalang ako family ok ra.

hay...terribly miss u na!