Monday, January 5, 2009

Welcoming 2009








I may late posting my new year happenings in here, but yet i would like to express how new year in my foreign land. For me nothing compares in New Year's in Philippines. We just had some chicken salad, some fried pork chop with bread cramps , rice some few fruits in the table with yema i made. Really look like a ordinary day here last Dec. 31 waiting for 12 Am to see fireworks outside, i was surprised that i only seen few, like 4 in the sky. I was like where are they? Then it makes me think that new year in Philippines is better than here. Even the ordinary jeepney driver will have a fireworks ready to met the new year. I told hubby why is that? For me New year is more to be celebrate than other event this foreign land have, bcuz it means GOD given us other year to explore and to live. Will that's how they believed, so i respect that.




Jan. 1 my family and Alex family went out for a new year lunch, we see each other and ate, we celebrate new year by eating and shopping, mom was also surprised she told me she cant believed that no fireworks woke her up. She also told me that fireworks here is expensive. There at Germany they celebrate New Year with full of color's in the skies, sound Philippines. So after were done eating we went to mall and shop, mom , dad and oma shop for us, look like Christmas is not over with us. They got me a new lovely white winter coat and a long sleeve pink blouse. And James a toys. We transfer for other mall and Oma called me and brought me to a jewelry section, she asked me what ring i wanted , i told her why? i don't need any.But she said please its my bday gift for you. I got too much from them already since i arrived here, and i don't want and need anything anymore, this family i have here is just such a very generous human being I ever knew in my life, to think they only have me and James for just few weeks yet. So I choose one, i choose a little ring with small stone to think that it may cost not much, but when we paid for it i feel bad, look like it cost much for me, even they have 25% off. Now i got a new ring from Oma.

No comments: